Responsible to the Program Director, the hockey coach provides coaching, development, and supervisory responsibilities of the program.
- Reports consistently for work as scheduled
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Attains proficient or higher evaluations on established Performance Standards
- Actively seeks feedback from supervisor(s) and/or colleagues
- Communicates high expectations for athlete behavior and reinforces expectations
- Communicates regularly with the Athletic Director
- Consistently meets responsibilities in a timely manner regarding fiscal management
- Consistently seeks professional growth and learning
- Demonstrates a solid knowledge of the sport, the policies, rules, and game management strategies.
- Demonstrates an effective understanding of the athletes’ developmental level and moving athletes to their next level
- Demonstrates effective knowledge and complies with rules and regulations of governing bodies
- Demonstrates strong evidence of leadership that exhibits fair, understanding, tolerant, patient, behaviors that create a positive environment.
- Demonstrates verbal and written communication skills that use multiple modes, are timely, professional, and consistent with the goals of the program
- Develops positive and respectful communications and relationships with stakeholders
- Effectively builds and maintains a program that fosters both individual and team growth and development
- Effectively creates a competitive environment in which all athletes have a chance to experience both individual and team success
- Effectively identifies and applies a variety of strategies and tactics to maximize opportunities for success in competitions for the individual and/or the team
- Equipment is consistently maintained, inventoried, stored, and re-ordered prior to the beginning of the season.
- Evaluates assistant coach(es) where applicable.
- Has communication procedures that are clearly defined, consistently used, and proactive when possible
- Includes and values stakeholders
- Is aware of injuries to athletes and communicates with athletic trainer and parents, is proactive with injuries, makes sure athletes are medically released to return to play
- Plans for daily, weekly, monthly, and annual character development of all athlete/athletes in the program
- Produces practice plans that are detailed and assist with the advancement of individual skills progression and and strategy development
- Regularly pursues appropriate professional learning activities
- Rosters, transportation requests, certifications are handed in prior to deadlines.
- Supervises all facilities and athletes before, during, and after practices and competitions
- Ability to be flexible and patient in work demands
- Ability to assist students in assigned areas
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals from many diverse backgrounds and professions including supervisors, administrators, coworkers, staff, students, parents, and the general public
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to greet and interact with the public in a courteous and professional manner
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to manage simultaneous demands and set clear priorities
- Ability to work days, hours, locations, and assignments as directed by the supervisor within the position responsibilities
- Commitment to the education of students as a primary responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to manage simultaneous demands and set clear priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a team setting
- Demonstrates citizenship, compassion, courage, discernment, excellence, honesty, hope, integrity, patience, perseverance, reliability, respect, responsibility, and trustworthiness
- Demonstrates effective organizational and time management skills
- Energetic, creative, innovative, flexible
- Excellent cooperative, collaborative, and problem-solving skills
- Promotes a positive climate, culture, and community
December 10, 2020